Allowances by MP
Searchable database from 2008/09 onwardsSelect from the criteria below.
From February 2010 the House published a searchable database of payments. The database covers the periods from 2008/09 onwards and now extends to May 2010 after which responsibility for the administration of the Parliamentary Allowances passed to the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA).
The 2010/11 allowance information includes transactions from the Winding up Allowance which was paid to reimburse the costs of concluding parliamentary business after the date on which MPs who did not return to the House following the General Election ceased to be Members of Parliament.
The database is linked to scans of documents submitted in the period 2008/09 and 2010/11 in support of claims made against:
- Additional Costs Allowance (ACA 2008/09 only) and Personal Additional Accommodation Expenditure (PAAE) which replaced the ACA in April 2009 - paid to reimburse Members for necessary costs incurred when staying overnight away from their main home.
- Communications Allowance - designed to help Members communicate proactively with their constituents about their work in furtherance of their parliamentary duties.
- Incidental Expenses Provision (IEP 2008/09) and Administrative and Office Expenditure (AOE ) which replaced the IEP in April 2009 - paid to meet the cost of: accommodation for office or surgery use; equipment and supplies for office or surgery; work commissioned or other services; and certain travel.
Above is a search engine with a set of four criteria that allow the following selections to be made:
- Year (mandatory) and, optionally, a monthly period.
- One, several or all MPs. Selection of a single MP can be made via a predictive text search field, or via a check-box. Multiple check-boxes can be used to select several MPs. Results will then be summarised and a total provided in the search results. It is also possible to select all MPs, but the results may take some time to be processed.
- One, several or all allowances relating to the MP or MPs and periods selected above.
- One, several or all expenses relating to the selections made above. Only expenses types applicable to the allowance or allowances selected will be displayed.
The scans have been edited to remove information which could cause serious security issues or breach the privacy of the MP, their staff and other third parties.
For general information about the allowances and for further information on expenditure since April 2004, please refer to the links on lest and right sides of this page. Please note that there have been five editions of the Green Book (the official guidance to MPs on allowances) published from 2004 to 2009, which reflect changes made to the rules between these dates.